CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Good Hair Blog: Protective Style Challenge

The Good Hair Blog: Protective Style Challenge: "As many of you know, I've been wearing protective styles for months now. Since about December I have tried to wear my hair (95% of the t..."

Im going to try this challenge for the next 3 months!! I have the tools and options...I just need to do it. I suffer hand in hair syndrome really bad.

How to meet that goal:

  • NO HEAT
  • NO cutting (unless you have to eliminate single strand knots)
  • NO dry brushing/combing
  • Handle your hair with care
  • Wash when NECESSARY (I will be washing my hair in between protective styles, about once ever 2.5 weeks)
  • Deep conditioning 2x a month
  • Sealing moisture into the hair to eliminate breakage and dryness
  • Keeping ends tucked and in styles that are low maintenance
  • Taking vitamins and drinking ample amounts of water
Style Options:

  • Buns
  • Twists
  • Braided updos
  • Full weave installs (where hair is SEWN NOT GLUED)

0 comments: